Ski Courses for Child Beginners
Wide variety of offers for children at our Ski School Top Alpin Walchhofer in Zauchensee
- Children’s ski courses (groups of 5 or more)
- Big practice area for beginners
- Modern instructional methods
- Bobo – our mascot
- 3 magic carpets (to get back to the top of hills)
- End-of-course races with awards ceremony
- Warning safety vests
- With or without lunch
Group Lessons for Child Beginners
Children’s ski courses: Option to extend to a 3-day course! (If you have booked sampler lessons, we only calculate the price difference when upgrading to a full multi-day course!)
For children 4-5 years
Courses begin: only on Sunday
Duration: Sunday to Thursday
Times: 10 a.m. – 12:30 p.m. and from 2 – 3:30 p.m.
(in groups of 5 or more)
You have the option of booking a Sampler Day. If your child enjoys their experience, you may choose to extend, in which case you just have to pay the price difference between the sampler and multi-day courses.
Lunch can be booked on a day-by-day basis before the course begins. Lunch is only possible for children who are registered for full-day instruction. Lunch is served from 12:30 to 2 p.m. in the restaurant at Hotel Zauchenseehof. Please be sure to give the meal ticket to your ski instructor.
Be sure you have good-quality ski- and snowboard equipment as well as boots. Warm clothes, gloves, ski- or sunglasses, balaclava, helmet and sun block should always be included with your gear as well. The law requires that all child skiers and snowboarders under age 15 wear a safety helmet. Our sports shops in Zauchensee are Intersport Schneider www.intersport-schneider.at and Sport 2000 Klieber www.sport-klieber.at.
The lift ticket is not included in the course fee. Information and prices can be found at www.zauchensee.at/mehrtageskarten. Use of the practice area is included in the price of the ski course.
Info and pictures of our big “Bobo Kinderland” can be found by clicking on the following link. Bobo and his team look forward to seeing you here!
Races & Awards Ceremony
The end-of-course races take place next to the practice lift on Thursday beginning at 10:15 a.m. Precise starting times will be provided to you by the group’s ski instructor. The awards ceremony is at the assembly point starting at 3:15 p.m. All participants receive a medal and certificate. (Times may be delayed during the Christmas holidays.)
Safety for Your Children: rules of the pistes, helmet requirement, warning vests
During course times, all children are outfitted in warning safety vests! The law requires that all child skiers and snowboarders under age 15 wear a safety helmet. During the courses, we also teach children how to behave safely out on the pistes.
- Course days are always consecutive.
- No liability is accepted for accidents – always leave your mobile number with the ski instructor.
- Course fees are only refunded upon presentation of a physician’s attestation, and only for the unused portion of the lessons.
- Group courses require 5 people minimum. If the group shrinks, the ski school reserves the right to put groups together or to shorten the period of instruction.
- Group assignment occurs daily during the Christmas holiday period. No lessons take place on January 1st.
- No group lessons on Fridays or Saturdays.